What happens during the assessment?
The qEEG brain assessment gives us an opportunity to meet in person, to obtain a recording of your brain activity, to analyse and review this activity in relation to your symptoms and goals, to identify whether we can help you, and to outline the best way to do it. The qEEG brain assessment is an essential first step to creating your personalised brain training and neuro stimulation programme.
Please, note that we do not claim to diagnose or cure any mental health or psychiatric conditions; we only provide interpretation of your EEG and qEEG findings and their connection to your symptoms and suggest applied neuroscientific solutions that in our view would be most helpful in correcting any neurophysiological shortcomings.
How long does the brain assessment session last?
The qEEG brain assessment usually takes from 60 to 90 minutes. This involves the set up, the EEG recording and analysis and discussion of the results. Upon request, a separate session for discussion of the results may be booked.
Is there anything I need to do to prepare for my brain assessment?
- Please do not consume alcohol/recreational drugs 24 hours before the assessment, and please restrict your caffeine intake on the day of assessment
- Please, try and get sufficient rest in the night before the assessment
- Please, notify us of all medication/drugs you take ahead of the assessment
- Please, arrive for your assessment with dry and clean hair, with a minimum of hair products (gels and conditioners) to ensure the best contact for the EEG sensors.
- Please, allow sufficient time to arrive for your appointment without getting stressed
What is the waiting time for an assessment appointment?
Usually we’ll be able to offer you an assessment slot within one to two weeks from the time of your enquiry, however during peak times this period might be slightly longer.
Is the information from my intake questionnaire and my electrophysiological data kept confidential?
We are registered with ICO and therefore oblige GDPR rules and to full confidentiality of all information gathered in the process of assessment and training. All electrophysiolgical data and training protocols are coded and kept on a password protected computer.